As a responsible midstream infrastructure and service company, we continually make health, safety and environment our first priority and work tirelessly with community stakeholders in the communities in which we operate.
Health, Safety and Environment
KANATA prioritizes safety and environmental responsibility.
- All safety incidents are preventable – if work can't be done safely, we won't proceed.
- Activities must be conducted in an environmentally responsible manner to successfully align the interests of community stakeholders and our customers.
- KANATA ensures training and resources are available to confirm our HSE culture is fully adopted and practiced by all our employees and contractors.
- Each employee is responsible for their safety and to ensure the safety of co-workers.
- HSE performance must continually be measured and improved.
- The Company understands and complies with all regulatory and legislative requirements and meets or exceeds industry standards.
Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statement
KANATA also strives to establish solid, collaborative and trusting relationships with each of the communities in which we operate.
- Throughout the full life cycle of our operations, KANATA maintains an open transparent dialogue with our community stakeholders.
- KANATA supports the strength and growth of communities in which we operate by committing company resources and encouraging volunteer activities on the part of our employees.
Community Relations Statement
KANATA believes that a strong relationship with Aboriginal communities is critical to our success and is a reflection of our core values.
- KANATA supports the strength and growth of Aboriginal communities throughout the cycle of our operations activities by maintaining an open transparent dialogue, identifying business development, employment and community investment opportunities.
Aboriginal Engagement Statement